Treeview Undo

Hi Yall!
I am trying to create an undo function for a treeview and I am having
a lot of trouble figuring out how to make it work.

I was wondering if anybody new of an open source project that used an
undo for a treeview or if you have some code that I could use to get
me headed in the right direction.

My main problem is I don't know how to copy an iterator from a tree
model and add it to a glist.    When I delete the row, I lose the
iterator because I think I am only creating a pointer to the iter. I
have also tried to copy the values from an GtkTreeIter using
gtk_tree_model_get_value, but after the row is removed the values are
invalid.  I think it is also because the values are pointers.
Honestly, I don't get how the treeview works that well.  If anybody
had some code that showed how to hold on to an iter or its values
after the iter was removed, that would also help me out.