Re: Tooltips progress

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 06:21:29PM +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> the idea behind ::has-tooltip is to reduce the number of required signal
> emissions to figure a tooltip. e.g. by adding a PRIVATE_GTK_* flag that
> indicates if the ::query-tooltips() emission is neccessary.
> maybe it'd helpt to rename that property to ::can-tooltip?

Or maybe ::enable-query-tooltip?

> (if you want to argue consistency with other things settable/gettable
> on widgets though, then yes, you have a point for also exporting it
> as a property)

I would tend to add the property just for consistency.

> >The example doesn't show tooltips constructed using the old tooltips
> >api, but I assume those will continue to work as before, right ?
>
> that was the plan, i.e. you'd basically just do:

I am not 100% if we can implement the complete old API using the new
one, for example the public fields in the old structures and
GtkTipsQuery come to mind ...   I'll investigate once I get a first
patch out.

-kris.