Re: Default timeouts

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 10:41 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > In essence the timeout is way too short for switching days; also -
> > in the panel applet the timeout has a higher priority than the
> > queued resize of the display (and hence the redraw) - so in
> > essence we skip days even faster since we never have to render
> > them.

	Of course - this is particularly applicable for the calendar where it
really makes sense to actually see the month rendered each time you
switch to a different month or year. Of course with a spin-button I
guess throttling the spin rate to that of the refresh rate would
(perhaps) be problematic. Then again re-rendering a spin-button is
presumably an extremely fast operation.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot