Re: Evince preview mode

> On 6/7/06, Carlos Garcia Campos <carlosgc gnome org> wrote:
>
> > hmm, when the user selects preview from the print dialog, the dialog
> > disappears and evince is launched, so that if evince has a print button
> > we should print the document directly without showing the print dialog
> > again. I see several problems in this approach. First of all we can't
> > know the print settings selected by the user from evince. And, should we
> > close evince or keep it opened after clicking on print? Is it possible
> > to print  a pdf file with the new gtk+ api without showing any dialog?
>
> Sure, figuring out the best way to transfer the print settings to evince
> is part of this. And yes, printing preformatted pdf is supported.

This is tricky. What if the preview was launched without even showing
the dialog, or if the user hadn't picked the right printer yet when
clicking on preview.

Also, it will print differently by generating pdf and then converting
that to postscript, instead of generating postscript directly. Ideally
this should produce as-good output, but thats not really guaranteed.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an immortal umbrella-wielding cyborg with no name. She's a tortured
green-skinned Hell's Angel from a different time and place. They fight crime!