Re: gtk file open dialog usability.

On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 15:52 +0200, Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrote:
> 2006/6/24, alex halogen-dg com <alex halogen-dg com>:
> >
> > Anyone except me also disappointed by it?
> > Any way how we can have old file open dialog back?
>
> code not complain :)

BS.  Before anyone can code anything, especially in the framework of
GTK, the design has to be worked out.  You can't just willy-nilly code
up some pseudo-compatible widget.  The problem is that every time this
is discussed there is never any consensus on what the problems are, why
they are problems, and how to fix them.  And without this, we cannot
convince developers to do anything about the problem.

Now having said that, if someone wants to prototype a better widget (one
that is API compatible with the current one), maybe that would jump-
start the process.  Myself, I fear that inertia guarantees we're stuck
with this bad design for the duration.