Re: Callback based tooltips (Re: New tooltips API, continued)

Kristian Rietveld <kris imendio com> writes:

> I mostly like the behaviour you described below.
>
> >         - Tooltips are too intrusive. The text should be smaller, and
> >           they should to the right of the cursor, and a little below
> >           the cursor's center.
> >
> >                         |\   ___________
> >                          |  | tooltip |
> >
> >           not centered below the cursor.
>
> If you want to have the tooltip right of the cursor, a little below the
> cursor's center, does this also mean you want to have the tooltip follow
> the mouse pointer?  Might make sense else in this case, else the tooltip
> might end up being positioned statically above the middle of a widget

Probably not; I'd have to try it out to see. Mostly the important
thing is that the tooltip is positioned to the right of the cursor
rather than centered as it is currently.

I think Firefox gets the positioning mostly right, so copying that
might not be the worst idea.

Soren