GtkEntry invisible char default question

Hi,
	During the LSB desktop testing on Fedora we recently (FC5 test3
and final release) found that there is a patch
gtk+-2.8.10-set-invisible-char-to-bullet.patch added by Fedora
developers. This patch is breaking some of our tests and hence the
question.

The patch is changing the default invisible character for GtkEntry to
Unicode char 2022 (bullet character) instead of an asterisks. The Gtk
docs specifically say that the default is set to '*'. The question is:
does this matter? Should apps rely on this default value? I cannot think
of an example where app will need to rely on specific character being
default.

Please advise...

Thanks,

-Rajesh