Signal handler bug in GTK?

Hello,

I think I found a bug in GTK, but it could also be that the expected behaviour is changed, so I thought I'd ask here first before filing a bug in bugzilla.

In my gtk application, the the main() function goes something like this:

1) load a glade XML file
2) initialize some stuff (this causes a few GTK signals to be triggered)
3) connect all glade signals to their signal handlers
4) gtk_main()

Under GTK 2.8.6, the signals from (2) would not cause the signal handlers to be called (because the signals were not connected to a signal handler yet). Under the latest GTK, the signal handlers /are/ called.

Is this expected behaviour for the latest GTK or a bug?

--
Sander Marechal
http://www.gnome-hearts.org