Re: Callback based tooltips (Re: New tooltips API, continued)

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:08:12PM +0200, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> I once wrote down how tooltips should behave:

I mostly like the behaviour you described below.

>         - Tooltips are too intrusive. The text should be smaller, and
>           they should to the right of the cursor, and a little below
>           the cursor's center.

>                          |  | tooltip |
>
>           not centered below the cursor.

If you want to have the tooltip right of the cursor, a little below the
cursor's center, does this also mean you want to have the tooltip follow
the mouse pointer?  Might make sense else in this case, else the tooltip
might end up being positioned statically above the middle of a widget

regards,

-kris.