GHashTable reverse lookup / find key (patch exists)

Dear glib developers,

Long ago, Russel Shaw submitted a patch http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2004-June/msg00109.html to do reverse lookups in a GHashTable. That is, to find the key for a certain key/value pair. His post does not seem to have caused any reaction on the list, and it has not made it into glib 2.12.4 which I am using.

I am currently using a hack to get this functionality. Is there any chance that this patch eventually gets accepted? Should I submit a feature request on bugzilla?

P.S. Russel called his function g_hash_table_lookup_reverse(). But since this is not a cheap operation, maybe g_hash_table_find_key() is better, also because the only difference to g_hash_table_find() is just one identifier.

Thanks,
Bastiaan.