Warnings/Errors during Threaded Execution

I've searched these lists as well as Google but am unable to find
anything to point me in the right direction...

I created a GTK+ app in C with all commands running sequentially. The
app behaved perfectly and I never received any errors/warnings. I have
started to make the app multi-threaded and followed the docs at:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Threads.html

The messages:

(aurora:14553): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_thaw_notify:
property-changed notification for GtkLabel(0x80c5d20) is not frozen

(aurora:30975): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
`object->ref_count > 0' failed

The code is kind of large and I could attempt to "dumb" it down if
needed. Basically it is a window with a few labels, textboxes and 3
buttons. One button starts the app's processing, the other stops the
processing, and the third just clears the textboxes.

Clicking the first button fires the 'clicked' event where I make the
following calls:

g_thread_init(NULL);
gdk_threads_init();

A few lines later I create my threads and go:

if ((t_g1 = g_thread_create((GThreadFunc)process, NULL, TRUE, &err1))
== NULL)
  g_error_free(err1);

Those lines are the only ones I added (other than
gdk_threads_enter()/gdk_threads_leave() in my timer and callbacks).

If anyone has seen these messages before and can point me in a
direction to fix it I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much!