Re: GTK+ canvas?

Havoc Pennington wrote:
To me an HTML widget basically _is_ a canvas, and canvas heavily overlaps HTML/Flash, except that the canvas works well in a desktop app and HTML/Flash work well inside a browser.

I've seen many comments re HTML as a model. Is there a reason why SVG hasn't entered the conversation; in particular the aspects of SVG that refer to interactivity (with many events that are almost a 1-1 mapping with Gdk), scripting and animation.