Re: GTK+ canvas?

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
I just dont think we should dive right into writing up a GtkRocketShip or
a GtkFlashScene without having paved the way with a simple GtkCanvas that
is usefull to everybody first - rocket ships and geckos might also be
considered as unneeded bloat to gtk+, and could probably better be included
a little higher up in the stack.

You may be overestimating the futuristicness of something more useful than GnomeCanvas ;-)

e.g. the HippoCanvas I wrote in 3 days lacks some stuff (i.e. I didn't bother to support events other than button press), but it's already more useful than GnomeCanvas because it supports layout (width-for-height layout even). I'm sure the other more serious existing implementations have also surpassed GnomeCanvas already.

Havoc