Re: Wrapper for arbitrary Drawable

> I have an X Drawable (either Window or Pixmap, I can't predict) which
> is created for another Display than gdk opens during initialization.
>
> I would like to create a GdkDrawable wrapper for the Drawable that I
> would use with GtkStyle to draw parts of widgets.
>
> Any ideas, suggestions ?

gdk_window_foreign_new_for_display() and
gdk_pixmap_foreign_new_for_display() sound like they would be what you
want, although I have no actual experience with using them...

It won't help.
In these methods I have to substitute a pointer for GdkDisplay.
GdkDisplay doesn't have a "constructor" for an arbitrary X Display
that's already opened.