Re: Version of gtk+ to shoot for in Gnome 2.18?

<quote who="Kristian Rietveld">

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 06:46:01PM -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> > http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/Platform currently lists HEAD
> > for the version of gtk+ to use for 2.17.x.  Should this be gtk-2-10
> > instead, or is there a tentative timetable for gtk+ 2.12 with a date far
> > enough in advance of Gnome 2.18.0?  (I couldn't find one at
> > http://www.gtk.org/plan/, so I'm asking here)
>
> We are aiming for a GTK+ 2.12 release around January '07 [1].  I hope to
> update the plan part of the website soonish, it's on my list ...

Based on past experience and declarations of "never again", I think we (for
GNOME release management) need to be veeeeeeeery careful about depending on
unstable GTK+ releases.

(2.12 plans look very lovely indeed.)

- Jeff

   "You know, the crunchy, folk-singer part of me wants to believe that a
     performance is a dialogue, but I can't hear a fucking thing you're
                          saying." - Ani DiFranco