Re: Menu destruction

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Johannes Schmid wrote:

Hi!

Thanks for your help. Well, I think I found what the main difference is:

gtk_container_add() sets widget->parent while
gtk_menu_attach_to_widget() does not. As we check for widget->parent in
the special case for GtkContainer we don't catch the menu case there. As
there might be reasons why parent is not set by
gtk_menu_attach_to_widget I will simply add another special case.

the reason is that the because of the gtk architecture, the submenu
needs a GtkWindow as parent in order to be shown in it's own toplevel
POPUP window.

Thanks,
Johannes

---