Re: color of gtk widget

On 8/6/07, Prasanna Kumar K <prasanna tataelxsi co in> wrote:
> At present I'm not very much clear about gtkrc (also don't want to use them)

Are you sure? They are easy to use and will do want you want very quickly.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Resource-Files.html

Use gtk_rc_add_default_file() to read the styles from a file, or
gtk_rc_parse_string() to read them directly from your sourcecode.

> but I guess if we get the style of a widget and then modify its style
> attributes and then assign the same style to the widget back then also the
> widget color can be modified.

Yes, but it is much more complicated this way. There's no reason to do this.

John