Re: Licensing question related to UTF-8 code in GLib

I'm quite sure that this means that code that's licensed under the
ruby license can be relicensed under the gpl, but not the other way
around, ie. (l)gpl code cannot be relicensed under the ruby license.
For example, the BSD license is said to be compatible with the GPL
aswell, but that surely doesn't mean that any gpl code can be
relicensed as bsd licensed code.

As for glib, it's lgpl, so it's no problem to dynamically link to it,
from code that's licensed under the ruby license, but modifying,
and/or relicensing glib under the ruby license is probably not
allowed.

Greets,

Lieven van der Heide