Re: GDK-DirectFB Patches

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:22:08 -0800, "Mike Emmel" wrote:
> Hi Carl Claudio one of the main directfb developers has a lot of cairo
> patches setting on the directfb git server.
> One can you give him check-in rights for Cairo.

Here's the process to ask for that (ignore the "CVS" in the title, of
course):

	http://freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests

I'd feel fine for Claudio to directly push anything that touches only
cairo-directfb-surface.c. Patches that touch other files in cairo
should be sent to the cairo mailing list first. Especially API
additions must be discussed on the list first, (even
cairo-directfb-specific API additions).

> And next we need to make sure that we are not breaking gdk.  One
> approach may mean to pass in a features arg
> when initializing Cairo.  It could be a simple bool accel or no
> acceleration.

I'm not interested in anything like that at all. If it's not correct,
then it's not acceleration---it's just broken.

> For the secondary ports its not easy to do comprehensive testing so I
> think its useful.

What's the difficulty of testing cairo-directfb within cairo's test
suite?

-Carl