Re: Static compose table in gtkimcontextsimple.c

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 05:38:56 +0000
Simos Xenitellis <simos lists googlemail com> wrote:

> If you would like to help with bug 321896 it would be great. The current
> state is on how to make the table much smaller, even with the addition of
> more keysyms. There is a script that converts en_US.UTF-8/Compose into a
> series of arrays that should be easy for GTK+ to work on.

OK, I've had a good read through that bug, and now I'm confused again.

Can someone explain why GTK has to have this large table compiled into
it..? I thought X itself provided ways to perform input composition into
Unicode strings. Otherwise, why do I have a file

  /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose

Can we just use that?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd leonerd org uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/