Re: g_format_file_size_for_display()

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:50:09 +0100
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de> wrote:

> I am all for SI units, even it writing MiB could cause some users to
> believe, we are too stupid to spell.

As opposed to screwing up the numbers, causing some users to believe we
are too stupid to count?

> WTF doesn't this 64 MB file (64 * 2^10 bytes) fit on this 64 MB stick
> (64 * 10^6 bytes)?

And this sort of thing is exactly why they're used

A 64MB file will fit in a 64MB space. A 64MiB file will not.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd leonerd org uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/