Draw on a GtkFixed Widget with Cario and place some widgets inside?

Hi out there :)
i have few questions i have to write a new tool for my work its something
like a node based node editor so the nodes must be connect via splines and
as content the node must have a tree view for the properties. So my first
thought was to use GtkFixed get the drawable and draw something with cario
on it and then place some treeviews widgets inside so do guys think it is
possible?

Concrete:
1) Can i draw on a GtkFixed with cario
2) Can i control the draw order from treeviews that the will draw after
cario on the widget. I mean can i handle this with the realize signal and
propagate it manual to the childs?

without perm flushing?