Re: alternative button order: Why don't we auto-guess the alternative order by default if appropriate?

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 14:25 +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:

> I'm mainly asking because in 99% of the cases one wants the alternative
> order to be reverse from the original order

I haven't found a definitive source for this, but as far as I know, your
assumption breaks as soon as a third button is added. Then the typical
alternative order is not the reverse of the original one. See this
example:

 standard:     [Reset] [Cancel] [OK]
 alternative:  [Reset] [OK] [Cancel]

I might be totally wrong here, but that's how we are arranging the
buttons based on feedback from Windows users.

Sven