Re: Gtk2::Assistant: Access to Buttons

muppet wrote:
> The first thing to come to mind is to be sure to set activates-
> default on the Entries you add to your Assistant (it appears from
> your code snippet that you did that already), and then set the
> Forward button to be the default.

... Gtk2::Dialog has a similar structure and offers "set_default_response"
for such cases; it would be a pretty normal assuption, that there must be
somthing similar in Gtk2::Assistant, too (I originally had thought, that
there might be just something missing in the documentation).

I tried the workaround with "set_current_page": technically, it works,
but for the user it would be pretty confusing, because the actual default
action that is triggered by pressing return is not reflected by the visual
button state (and fixing this would also require access to the buttons).

> But, there's no way to get to the Forward button without either walking the
> widget tree [...]

How could I do that? I played around with $assistant->get_children(), but this
returns only the children, that I myself put into the window, not the container
that holds the buttons.

Regards,
                     Peter Daum