Re: Moving maemo-gtk as gtk+ branch?

On 6/1/07, Tommi Komulainen <tommi komulainen nokia com> wrote:
Hi,

As there's growing interest for Hildon outside the maemo context we're
currently discussing moving Hildon to gnome.org infrastructure to give
it more independent status. The plan is to ensure that Hildon can be
used with stock gtk+, though with somewhat limited capabilities.

However we'll still need to maintain our branch of gtk+ for the time
being and with Hildon moving to gnome.org it would be somewhat awkward
to have the gtk+ branch elsewhere.

Now my question is, do you think it would make sense to move maemo gtk+
to a gtk+ branch, or would you prefer us maintaining it elsewhere?

I don't see any particular problem with a maemo branch. If the
longterm goal is to reduce the delta down to zero, it might be good if
there was an uptodate list of the remaining differences and their
merge status. Maybe that already exists somewhere in the maemo wiki
and I am not aware of it...