Re: GtkBuilder Public API - Last call

On 6/13/07, Yevgen Muntyan <muntyan tamu edu> wrote:

> Um, then gtk_widget_get/set_name is going to be deprecated?
> gtk_widget_set_name() sets widget->name member, and that structure
> member is used (in particular?) by themes, that's how it works.
> What does "name of GtkBuildable" mean?

In any case, the question "Does GtkBuilder call
gtk_widget_set_name(widget, "name_from_xml_file")" still
stands. It can be important since it will break widgets which
set name in a constructor or before (some do, e.g. to modify
cursor color). And it can become actually important now,
since until glade-3 it was rather impossible to use fancy
non-stock widgets. Or, if other code relies on "widget
name" being name from xml, setting the name to modify
style will break that other code.

Yes, GtkBuilder calls gtk_widget_set_name. I don't see how that will break
anything, though - GtkUIManager does the same, as does libglade.
Widgets which set a name in a constructor are already semi-broken
anyway. Widget names are supposed to be an application/user feature,
not something thats used in the implementation of a widget.