Re: GtkBuilder Public API - Last call

markku vire iki fi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a reason why one cannot provide user_data
> for gtk_builder_connect_signals? This data would be used as user_data
> for each signal connected, except for those where a specific data widget
> is defined in the glade-file. Currently the data used in signal connection
> is either NULL or widget pointer specified in the .glade.

I've heard this argument a couple of times, it would definitely be good to
have an option to send in a structure per application/interface to all
callbacks.

> Of course one can use connect_full variant to achieve this, but that
> also means that GModule-related code needs to be written into app.

Exactly, I think this use case is valid to avoid duplicating that code.

I see two possible solutions;

1) Change gtk_builder_connect_signals () to accept a gpointer to the
   user data
2) Add a new method  which is similar to gtk_builder_connect_signals but
   accepts user_data and perhaps a GDestroyNotify.

Any preference? I'm leaning towards the latter.

--
Johan Dahlin <jdahlin async com br>
Async Open Source