Re: GtkBuilder Public API - Last call

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 11:55 -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:
> Damon Chaplin wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 11:49 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> >
> >> Anyway, my point here is not wrt code that exists already in Gtk+,
> >> I am of the opinion that GContainer iface is "missing", and that
> >> objects in general use other objects in general, and in that process
> >> of ownership, packing properties are an essential thing.
> >
> > Yes, generic support for packing properties will be needed for any
> > future GtkCanvas widget as well (for packing items inside each other).
>
> Not really, GtkCanvas can just define it's own custom tags where it controls
> the relation between the canvas and its items.

Though if we added a generic GContainer interface, we wouldn't need to
mess around with custom tags.

For GooCanvas I've already had to cut & paste a bunch of GtkContainer
code to get packing properties working for canvas items. I've also had
to add a hack to gtk-doc to document the packing properties. With a
GContainer interface things would be a lot simpler.

Damon