Re: GtkBuilder partial tree construction

Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 11:12 -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:
>> Murray Cumming wrote:
>>> By the way, if GtkBuilder can't be used for multiple top-level widgets,
>>> we should probably check that gtk_builder_add_from_*() are not called
>>> twice on the same instance.
>>> Or does "merge" mean something special in
>>> "
>>> Parses a file containing a <link linkend="BUILDER-UI">GtkBuilder UI
>>> definition</link> and merges it with the current contents of @builder.
>>> "
>>> ?
>> Yes, you're able to create xml definitions which refers to object created by
>> previous calls to gtk_builder_add_*.
>
> But I guess that's not implemented at all yet, right, or is it just
> "XUL-style overlays" that are not implemented?

The former, you can already do this;
(in the not yet wrapped python API)

builder = gtk.Builder()
builder.add_from_string("""
  <interface>
    <object class="GtkListStore" id="liststore1"/>
  </interface>""")

builder.add_from_string("""
<interface>
  <object class="GtkWindow" id="window1">
    <child>
      <object class="GtkComboBox" id="combobox1">
        <property name="model">liststore1</property>
      </object>
    </child>
  </object>
</interface>""")

The first call will create the tree model.
The second one will create an combobox in a window using the model.

--
Johan Dahlin <jdahlin async com br>
Async Open Source