Re: openPrinting + the dialog...

Hi Peter,

Nice to meet you again.

> Now that we have mock-ups to show of the new concepts we are introducing
> in the printing dialog, it is the right time to start working with
> the UI toolkits like gtk on moving towards implementation.

I've seen those mockups at the LinuxTag and the idea to use tags instead
of tabs for organizing looked very reasonable for me. Well choosen tags
allow the user to quickly reach the options they need for their current
printing task without endlessly searching complex notebook pages. The
power of using tags to organize information instead of some artificial
hierarchy has been demonstrated several times already in applications
like Epiphany, F-Spot and on several Web 2.0 sites.

So I highly recommand considering those mockups for a future versions
of the printing dialog.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
http://taschenorakel.de/