Re: Out of Date Webpages

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Jeffrey Creem wrote:

The FAQ page says:

Contributions should be sent to Tony Gale <gale gtk org>
<mailto:gale gtk org>

I attempted to send an email to him but it bounced.

This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

 gale syntax dera gov uk
   (ultimately generated from gale gtk org)
   SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<gale syntax dera gov uk>:

   host relay.dstl.gov.uk [192.5.29.49]: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

So, perhaps the maintainer is out of date.

In addition.

The list of dependencies is hopelessly out of date on the FAQ. Ignoring for a moment the deep tree of dependencies that one could argue perhaps is hard to keep up to date still leaves Cairo missing quite a long time after it was added to the requirements.

http://www.gtk.org/faq/#FAQ-COMPILE (Question 2.1)

It should either be updated or deleted since in its current state it is just misleading.

Perhaps the FAQ should be turned into a wiki. I know, the everything should be a wiki song gets old after a while but it seems sort of stagnant.

thanks for the input. the truth is that the project is heavily understaffed in various aspects, the web site is just one place
that shows it.

we appreciate contributions, e.g. patches against the SVN
module that hosts the web site:

  http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gtk-web/

such a patch should change the pages needing updates and update the
gtk-web/ChangeLog. also patches should be generated with diff -up.

so far, no one is responsible for regular maintenance of the
web site or the FAQ. if someone could sign up for the task
and is confident to be able to devote time for it on a regular
(e.g. weekly) basis, that'd be great.

---
ciaoTJ