Re: Performance implications of GRegex structure

On 3/16/07, Marco Barisione <marco barisione org> wrote:

BTW if you want I can split GRegex in two separate objects.

Since that seems to be the overwhelming preference, that might
be a good idea. I hope this shouldn't be too bad, since GRegex
is already split into pattern and match objects, internally.

If you are doing this,  it might also be nice to expand the doc section
on using GRegex with threads with an example that shows how
to share a compiled pattern between multiple threads. The docs
currently say:

If you have two threads manipulating the same #GRegex, they must use a
lock to synchronize their operation, as these functions are not threadsafe.
Creating and manipulating different #GRegex structures from
differentthreads is not a problem.

Matthias