Re: ideas on improving the performance of gtk_tree_view

2007/3/22, Yevgen Muntyan <muntyan tamu edu>:
Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> 2007/3/22, Nicolas Setton <setton adacore com>:

[snip]
>> In any case, I suggest we cache this - probably there is no need to
>> do it in every expose call, only after the model data has changed.
>>

> ...so it isn't really feasible to cache the renderer state. The good
> news learned from the above is that if you simply move the renderer
> creation outside the for loop, you'll get the same functionality but
> without 4999 extra cellrenderers in memory :)

IIRC reusing single cell renderer in multiple columns was declared
broken and unsupported (because it was broken). Is this correct?

It worked amazingly well for being broken ;)

Maybe there are specific cell renderers that are broken?

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi