Re: Supporting Gtk+ Maintenance

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 15:42 +0530, मयंक जैन (makuchaku) wrote:
> On 3/23/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> > Setting bugs with outdated patches to needinfo may be a bit problematic
> > as the bugsquad team has a tendency to close needinfo bugs after some
> > time...  Also they won't show in some default search queries..  Just
> > removing the patch keyword, or marking the patch as needs-work may be
> > better, but that's just my idea.
>
> Obviously the objective it to get this anomoly to the patch
> submitter's attention. But as Behdad you just said.. then whats the
> best way to go about it?
>
> One option I see is to re-assign the bug to this patch submitter &
> once he resubmits a working patch, re-assign it to the gtk-bugs list.
>
> Would that be good enough?

The submitters gets mail about all changes to the bug (by default).  So
no real need to do anything specific.  Just marking as needs-work and a
two line comment about the patch status should be enough.  Assigning to
him may work better as he will see it in his bug page, but note that
other people can update an outdated patch too, and many times do.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759