Re: Sudden Tango changes in trunk

> It could be a concern on win32 or in embedded scenarios. Although most
> embedded GTK+ uses probably have custom builds of GTK+, so they can
> easily replace the stock icons with something that works better on their
> platform. We could make that easier by keeping the old icons in the tree
> and adding a build-time switch to select old-style vs new-style icons.
> That would certainly blow up the tarballs a bit, though.

Hi.
I'm flattered the old style has created such a strong emotional link
with the gtk+ developers, but I think they served it purpose. We don't
keep the 1.2 stock for sentimental reasons, and I don't see why we
should do that for the 2.0 set.

Is there anyone willing to maintain the old GNOME look anymore? There is
a quite a number of talented artists that got the hang of the tango
style and the tango style really helps in the multi-platform department.
I see this as a no-brainer.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac ximian com>