Re: Idea for GSoC 2007 : Shortcuts improvement

Hi

2007/3/29, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com>:
One problem you'll have to address there, then, is that keys like Ctrl
are often used as modifiers for drag-and-drop.  And you wouldn't want
the shortcuts to pop up while you were dragging something-- not even in
the brief moments between holding down Ctrl and starting to move the
mouse.

You have a really good point here I haven't thought about before.
I agree with you, the accelerators shouldn't be shown during a DnD event.

The simplest solution might be to grab the pointer modifier mask and if it has
an active GDK_BUTTON1_MASK we shouldn't pop up the shortcuts.

If we have a pressed mouse button1, even if it's not necessarily a
DnD, our user is probably doing something relevant and we must avoid
distracting the user from the current task.
I believe it is valid for all the mouse buttons as well.

No doubt it is an important design decision we will need to take!

Thanks for your feedback, Calum!

Regards,
Lucas

--
This email recommends Free and Open Source Software (R)