Re: GInterfaces and API Stability

> Whyever would you do that? Such a struct would never be useful.

It is a simple use of an existing type in the API.  I can create my own
instances of such a type, even if I cannot hand them off to anything
GObject related.  I could store signal handlers there, for example.

Bottom line: a published type changed size.  ABI break.

I don't know if any applications out there do this and you probably
don't either.  But it is a valid thing to do.

Maybe there should be an API/ABI stability documented that spells
out the rules.

Morten