Re: GInterfaces and API Stability

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 01:16 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> Wouldn't it possible to implement the GInterface as C++ class and add
> an
> operator like this to the GObject wrapper class:
>
>   public:
>     GLib::RefPtr<GFooInterface> operator () {
>         return GLib::wrap_interface (gobj ());
>     }

As well as a general learned avoidance of reckless C++ operator
overloading, I think you'd lose the advantages of actually using the
regular C++ hierarchy, such as type-safe casts at compile-time.

For gtkmm I am not greatly troubled by the new-interfaces-break-ABI
issue because it happens so rarely.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com