Re: RFC: Gtk+ testing utilities

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Richard Hult wrote:

Tim Janik wrote:
hey All.

Hi Tim,

[snip]

/* syncronize rendering operations with X server rendering queue */
void            gtk_test_xserver_render_sync    (GdkWindow      *window);

Should this be named less X-ish? I noticed that some of the event
simulation functions are very X specific anyway, but if we have the API
at least look generic, we can make it work on other backends later.

the API that generates button or key events should ideally be implemented
for non-X backends as well at some point, yes.

gtk_test_xserver_render_sync() however uses a technique that is only known
to work for X servers (according to keith packard), please search for
"XGetImage" in this email:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2006-October/msg00166.html

if there's a chance we could use and implement a similar call for other
windowing system backends though, a rename like you suggest would be good.

Tml, any input? ;)

/Richard

---
ciaoTJ