Re: Logo (was Re: GTK+ Website Review)

Am Sonntag, den 07.10.2007, 12:51 +0200 schrieb mmassonnet gmail com:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 12:45:23PM +0300, Xan Lopez wrote:
> > On 10/7/07, Mikael Hallendal <micke imendio com> wrote:
> > > 6 okt 2007 kl. 19.41 skrev Christophe Dehais:
> > > For what it's worth, I like it a lot!
> > >
> > > I personally like it much better than a variant of the current skewed
> > > box.
> >
> > I wonder if I'm the only person alive that really likes the GTK+ box
> > logo. I love its cranky, not-really-serious look and feel. Granted,
> > it's probably not the best logo in the world for a world-class
> > toolkit, and it could use a refreshment,  but going for the usual
> > corporate-logo-with-reflections-and-bland-colors would be a downer for
> > me.
>
> +1
>
> The box *looks* awesome, it just needs some gradient or texture in it to
> give it the fashion trend you are looking for.

Christophe's glossy pill looks awesome, but in opposition to the old
logo it has absolutly no message, whereas the old logo clearly has one:
The old logo looks like one of those wooden bricks little children use
to build houses. A perfect metapher for a toolkit like GTK+: Absolutly
versatile, very solid and easy to use.

> > My useless 2 cents in the classic bike shed discussion :)
> >
> > Cheers, Xan
>
> Now you have 0.04 ;)

Well, now it are 0.06 :-D

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
http://taschenorakel.de/