Re: Status about Offscreen windows and window redirection

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 11:42 -0300, Renato Araujo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to know information about bug 318807[1].
> Does anybody  know  why that patch wasn't  applied yet? Have any
> problems with the patch?

the comments on the bug and the past GTK+ team meetings logs are quite
clear: 1. the first part of the patch (offscreen rendering) has some
bugs in corner cases and needs *extensive* testing and fixing; 2. the
offscreen redirection of events needs to be reviewed and (eventually)
fixed as well.

for these reasons, the patch has been punted until 2.14 - but 2.12 has
just been released and trunk hasn't been branched yet.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,