Re: Bug 490017 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?--_Feature_Request=3A_GTK_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?MIDI-Learn_functionality?=

Hi,

ricardo colon schrieb:
> I just submitted a feature request to bugzilla.
> I chose to post this message to gtk-devel-list since the feature
> is related to the gtk input method API.
>
> I'd like to hear your comments.

I currently do this in buzztard [1] with a helper subsystem (btic). The
subsystem abstracts input devices (e.g. joystick) and midi devices currently.
In the application I bind controller events (button presses and movments) to ui
controls.

Its not so easy to add generic support for this on gtk level. button presses
ould probably be handled like accelerators, but then the accelerator support in
gtk is already really poor (try to define an accelerator that select next entry
in combobox, or that simply toggle a toogletoolbar button).

But mapping a knob-move to e.g. a spinbutton or slider would require some more
powerful subsystem (accelerators can only trigger actions = booleans).

Summasumarum - I would love to have this in gtk, but it requires a good concept
and a patch that implements it. I am willing to discuss the proposal, but sorry
- no time to write the patch.

Stefan