Re: XGetWindowAttributes: 1x1 pixel for GTK apps?

On 9/2/07, Adenilson Cavalcanti <savagobr yahoo com> wrote:

   I'm trying to get the dimensions (width and height) of current 'in focus'
> window using XGetWindowAttributes.
>
>    It works fine with KDE or Xlib based applications, but fails with
> all GTK based applications (window_attr.width and window_attr.height
> reports just '1'). The same behavior happens in Ubuntu 6.06, 6.10, 7.04
> when running Metacity as window manager (but not with Compiz or Beryl).

GTK+ puts the focus on a window *inside* the toplevel. Walk up to the
toplevel (check for the WM_STATE property, if not there, go to the
parent and repeat, if you hit the root window, without finding
WM_STATE the real toplevel was the immediate child of the root
window.)

- Owen