Re: elastic tabstops implemented for GTK

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 08:14 +0200, Nick Gravgaard wrote:
I thought I'd drop you a mail to tell you that I've turned the gedit
patch into a proper plugin and made the following fixes:

* Other chars than just \n can now terminate paragraphs
* Italic and bold characters are now handled properly
Yay! :D
* The minimum width and padding width values can now be configured using gconf

It should be pretty trivial to add the code to anything that uses
GtkSourceView, and probably GtkTextView too.

Have a look at nickgravgaard.com/elastictabstops/#gedit for more
information, and please email me if you have any problems.
Good work, Nick!

I am noticing that after so much messing with it, it becomes pretty slow to type and delete characters. Deleting any lines using tabs seems to fix this. It seems as if you might be calculating layout unnecessarily.

Also it doesn't seem to work when you have "insert spaces instead of tabs" enabled in GEdit's preferences, nor does it respect the "tab width" setting for line indentation. I'm not really sure how you could possibly work around these integration problems, but I thought I would bring them up anyway.

Cheers