Re: Theory of good signal/event API design?

Hi,

On Mon 17 Sep 2007 07:28, Sander Marechal <s marechal jejik com> writes:

> Let me give an example how my app works inside. I have a music player
> written in GStreamer. It needs a song to play so it sends out a
> MESSAGE_REQUEST_SONG on it's bus.

You probably won't get terribly useful answers here, GStreamer's bus is
not present in other GObject-based libraries like GTK+. Even if it were,
this is probably more appropriate to gtk-app-devel.

Consider writing to gstreamer-devel. Note that with gstreamer's
dynamically loaded elements, signals are the de facto interface for
application->module interaction; of course if your modules are written
in e.g. python you have other options.

Cheers,

Andy.
--