Re: GSoC proposal: gtk+ bindings for prolog

Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
On Apr 1, 2008, at 12:39 , Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
Hi Ben,

I am not CC'ing gtk-devel-list because 1) it's off-topic,
2) it won't do any good. gtk-devel-list is a list for
discussing development of Gtk itself, not anything
related to Gtk.

Sorry about this, hit the wrong button. Oh well.

I doubt your idea is good for Gnome SoC because
of the following (I am a former SoC participant, so
I've been around this a little).
Gnome SoC ideas must be shiny. They need not be
useful but they must look and sound great,

This probably sounds harsh, so I must note that
the reason is Google, not Gnome people who like
shiny stuff or something. Being shiny is one
of the Google requirements for a SoC project.

This is by no means true. Google only decides what organisations take part in the project, decisions on individual projects are up to the mentors and organisation.

Ben, please see the GNOME GSoC student information [1] for how to sumbit a proposal. You have until the 7th to submit.

Thanks,
Rob

[1] http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2008/Students
Best regards,