Re: GtkLove/PatchTriaging

El jue, 17-04-2008 a las 23:08 +0000, BJörn Lindqvist escribió:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:19 AM, Diego Escalante Urrelo
> <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
> > Hey!
> >
> >  I took some minutes to try a bunch of the patches in the bottomless
> >  pit of GTK+ bugzilla, I put the results of my triaging in
> >  live.gnome.org:
> >
> >   http://live.gnome.org/GtkLove/PatchTriaging
> >
> >  Most of what I checked can be solved quickly since there are a lot of
> >  one-liners and nice useful patches. About 6 patches are available in
> >  docs section, and I think you can agree with me that they can be just
> >  downloaded, read, committed.
>
> Nice work! From my reading of README.commits[1], it seem to suggest
> that it is sometimes good to be bold. Please correct me if I am wrong
> though. E.g. this patch[2]  is so trivial and completely harmless,
> that it is many times more work letting it rest and waiting for
> someone else to review it too, than just committing it yourself.

What I usually do when I find a trivial-to-fix bug in GTK+ or GLib is to
file a bug with the fix and then nag the appropriate person in irc. If
I'm not mistaken and the fix is actually as trivial as the one I found,
I usually get positive responses for committing --way faster than
waiting for others to review among tons of bug reports that arrive
daily.

So, I think you should do something similar if you want those patches
committed and the bugs fixed.

Claudio
--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>