Re: Scroll to bottom of window...

2008/4/22, David Conley (FRD) <dconley frd co uk>:
> I'm trying to write a app that has a small text window that fills with
>  text from another thread. Its all working fine but the text is dropping
>  off the end of the window. Really what I'd like is for the scroll window
>  the text view is in to automatically scroll to the bottom to show the
>  latest message added. I suspect I need to use
>  gtk_scrolled_window_set_vadjustment(GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW(scroll), adj);
>  but what I set my adjustment to I have no idea. Anyone got any tips.

What you rather want to do is to _get_ the vadjustment (which is a
GtkAdjustment object) and set it's value to the upper bound of it
(which translates to "the scrollbar to the end position"). Something
like this:

  vadj = gtk_scrolled_window_get_vadjustment(swin);
  gtk_adjustment_set_value(vadj, vadj->upper);

Depending on the widget you use, there might be even better ways to do
this, but this should work if you always just want to go to the end.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi