Re: Units and resolution independence for gtk+

On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 20:02 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Is a physical size units even interesting? It just generally leads to
> DPI style flamewars. For instance, a projector screen is really large,
> but you don't want tiny fonts anyway, because you watch it from far
> away. Something similar but reversed applies for the case of handhelds.

Am I the only person who can't concentrate during discussions like this
because the Father Ted scene with Dougal having very small vs far away
explained to him[1] continually plays in my mind?

Ross

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98hO97ky-sA
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com