Functions Removed Between 2.12.9 & 2.13.5

Hi,

Just doing a functions diff between Gtk 2.12.9 (Gnome 2.22) and Gtk 2.13.5 (Current for 2.24), and I've noticed about 60 function calls have been removed.

I tried locating information in these functions and where they might have
disappeared to and why but I've not been successful.

- Devhelp and gtk-doc, I don't see any mention of them at all
- grep'd gtk source and most of them are not mentioned at all, some are
  mentioned in old ChangeLogs and some have been renamed to contain a
  prefix of "_".

I know gtk 3 is coming down the line but it was my understanding that API/ABI
compatibility was being maintained for 2.x releases. I can understand if these
API calls were deprecated, but if that were the case surely they should still be
available for applications that use them, and the gtk-docs should state that
they are deprecated.

Any help in tracking this down would be great. Is this because of the
gtkfileselector rewrite ?

Here's the list of functions :

    * gtk_file_folder_get_info
    * gtk_file_folder_get_type
    * gtk_file_folder_is_finished_loading
    * gtk_file_folder_list_children
    * gtk_file_info_copy
    * gtk_file_info_free
    * gtk_file_info_get_display_key
    * gtk_file_info_get_display_name
    * gtk_file_info_get_icon_name
    * gtk_file_info_get_is_folder
    * gtk_file_info_get_is_hidden
    * gtk_file_info_get_mime_type
    * gtk_file_info_get_modification_time
    * gtk_file_info_get_size
    * gtk_file_info_get_type
    * gtk_file_info_new
    * gtk_file_info_render_icon
    * gtk_file_info_set_display_name
    * gtk_file_info_set_icon_name
    * gtk_file_info_set_is_folder
    * gtk_file_info_set_is_hidden
    * gtk_file_info_set_mime_type
    * gtk_file_info_set_modification_time
    * gtk_file_info_set_size
    * gtk_file_path_get_type
    * gtk_file_paths_copy
    * gtk_file_paths_free
    * gtk_file_paths_sort
    * gtk_file_system_cancel_operation
    * gtk_file_system_create
    * gtk_file_system_create_folder
    * gtk_file_system_error_quark
    * gtk_file_system_filename_to_path
    * gtk_file_system_get_bookmark_label
    * gtk_file_system_get_folder
    * gtk_file_system_get_info
    * gtk_file_system_get_parent
    * gtk_file_system_get_type
    * gtk_file_system_get_volume_for_path
    * gtk_file_system_handle_get_type
    * gtk_file_system_insert_bookmark
    * gtk_file_system_list_bookmarks
    * gtk_file_system_list_volumes
    * gtk_file_system_make_path
    * gtk_file_system_parse
    * gtk_file_system_path_is_local
    * gtk_file_system_path_to_filename
    * gtk_file_system_path_to_uri
    * gtk_file_system_remove_bookmark
    * gtk_file_system_set_bookmark_label
    * gtk_file_system_unix_get_type
    * gtk_file_system_unix_new
    * gtk_file_system_uri_to_path
    * gtk_file_system_volume_free
    * gtk_file_system_volume_get_base_path
    * gtk_file_system_volume_get_display_name
    * gtk_file_system_volume_get_icon_name
    * gtk_file_system_volume_get_is_mounted
    * gtk_file_system_volume_mount
    * gtk_file_system_volume_render_icon